CalCOFI Report Vol 52, 2011 (Complete report pdf; individual pdf links below)
I. Reports, Reviews, and Publications
- Report of the CalCOFI Committee
- Review of Selected California Fisheries for 2010: Coastal Pelagic Finfish, Market Squid, Ocean Salmon, Groundfish, Highly Migratory Species, Dungeness Crab, Spiny Lobster, Spot Prawn, Kellet’s Whelk, and White Seabass. Dale Sweetnam, editor.
- State of the California Current 2010–2011: Regional Variable Responses to a Strong (But Fleeting?) La Niña. Eric Bjorkstedt, Ralf Goericke, Sam McClatchie, Ed Weber, William Watson, Nancy Lo, Bill Peterson, Bob Emmett, Ric Brodeur, Jay Peterson, Marisa Litz, Jose Gomez-Valdez, Gilberto Gaxiola-Castro, Bertha Lavaniegos, Francisco Chavez, Curtis A. Collins, John Field, Keith Sakuma, Pete Warzybok, Russell Bradley, Jaime Jahncke, Steven Bograd, Franklin Schwing, Gregory S. Campbell, John Hildebrand, William Sydeman, Sarah Ann Thompson, John Largier, Chris Halle, Sung Yong Kim, Jeff Abell.
II. Scientific Contributions
- Queenfish (Seriphus politus) and White Croaker (Genyonemus) Larval Growth Parameters. Eric F. Miller, Jonathan P. Williams, and Daniel J. Pondella, II
- Spatial Distribution of Southern California Bight Demersal Fishes in 2008. Eric F. Miller and Kenneth C. Schiff
- Seasonal Occurrences of Humboldt Squid (Dosidicus gigas) in the Northern California Current System. Marisa N.C. Litz, A. Jason Phillips, Richard D. Brodeur, and Robert L. Emmett
- A Note on the Detection of the Neurotoxin Domoic Acid in Beach-Stranded Dosidicus gigas in the Southern California Bight. Fernanda F. M. Mazzillo, John C. Field, Danna J. Staaf, Melissa L. Carter, and Mark D. Ohman
- Daily Egg Production, Spawning Biomass and Recruitment for the Central Subpopulation of Northern Anchovy 1981–2009. Benjamin E. Fissel, Nancy C.H. Lo, and Samuel F. Herrick, Jr.
- Stock Assessment of the Warty Sea Cucumber Fishery (Parastichopus parvimensis) of NW Baja California. Ernesto A. Chávez, M. A. De Lourdes Salgado-Rogel, and Julio Palleiro-Nayar
- Analysis of the Spring-Fall Epipelagic Ichthyoplankton Community in the Northern California Current in 2004–2009 and its Relation to Environmental Factors. Toby D. Auth
- The Fish Assemblages from the Nearshore Area of Punta Baja, B.C., Mexico, the Southern Limit of the Southern California Bight. Jorge A. Rosales-Casian
- The Structure of Marine Phytoplankton Communities — Patterns, Rules and Mechanisms. Ralf Goericke
- The Size Structure of Marine Phytoplankton — What Are the Rules? Ralf Goericke
- The Influence of the Ocean Environment on the Abundance of Market Squid Doryteuthis (Loligo) opaleascens, Paralarvae in the Southern California Bight. J. Anthony Koslow and Caitlin Allen