CalCOFI Rep., Vol. 45, 2004 (Complete pdf; individual pdf links below)
Symposium of the CalCOFI Conference, 2003: Environmental Variability And Its Impact On Invertebrate Fisheries.
I. Reports, Review, and Publications
- The State of the California Current, 2003–2004: A Rare “Normal” Year. Ralf Goericke, Steven J. Bograd, Gilberto Gaxiola-Castro, José Gómez-Valdes, Rian Hooff, Adriana Huyer, K. David Hyrenbach, Bertha E. Lavaniegos, Arnold Mantyla, William T. Peterson, Franklin B. Schwing, Robert L. Smith, William J. Sydeman, Elizabeth Venrick, and Patricia A. Wheeler
- Report of the CalCOFI Committee
- Review of Some California Fisheries for 2003: Market Squid, Coastal Pelagic Finfish, Dungeness Crab, Sea Urchin, Groundfish, Ocean Salmon, Tuna, Nearshore Live-Fish, Pacific Herring, and Rock Crab
II. Symposium of the CalCOFI Conference, 2003
- ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABILITY AND ITS IMPACT ON INVERTEBRATE FISHERIES.
- Contraction of the Geographic Range of Distribution of Snow Crab (Chionoecetes opilio) in the Eastern Bering Sea: An Environmental Ratchet? J. (Lobo) Orensanz, Billy Ernst, David A. Armstrong, Phyllis Stabeno, and Pat Livingston
- Geoduck (Panopea Abrupta) Recruitment in the Pacific Northwest: Long-Term Changes in Relation to Climate. Juan L. Valero, Claudia Hand, J. M. (Lobo) Orensanz, Ana M. Parma, David Armstrong, and Ray Hilborn
- Investigating Environmental Effects on Population Dynamics of Loligo Opalescens in the Southern California Bight. Christian S. Reiss, Michael R. Maxwell, John R. Hunter, and Annette Henry
- The Potential Synergistic Effects of Climate Change and Fishing Pressure on Exploited Invertebrates on Rocky Intertidal Shores. Christopher D. G. Harley and Laura Rogers-Bennett
III. Scientific Contributions
- Utility of Larval Pigmentation to Identify Nearshore Rockfishes of the Sebastes Subgenus Pteropodus from Southern California. Cynthia A. Taylor and William Watson
- Diet Differences in the Thresher Shark (Alopias Vulpinus) During Transition from a Warm-Water Regime to a Cool-Water Regime off California-Oregon, 1998–2000. Antonella Preti, Susan E. Smith, and Darlene A. Ramon
- Community Structure of Euphausiids in the Southern Part of the California Current During October 1997 (El Niño) and October 1999 (La Niña). Lorena Linacre
- Locally and Remotely Forced Environmental Influences on California Commercial Fish and Invertebrate Landings. Jerrold G. Norton and Janet E. Mason
- On the Existence of Pacific Sardine Groups off the West Coast of Baja California and Southern California. Roberto Félix-Uraga, Víctor M. Gómez-Muñoz, Casimiro Quiñónez-Velázquez, Felipe Neri Melo-Barrera, and Walterio García-Franco
- Retention in Larval Rockfishes, Sebastes, Near Natal Habitat in the Southern California Bight, as Indicated by Molecular Identification Methods. Cynthia A. Taylor, William Watson, Teri Chereskin, John Hyde, and Russell Vetter
- Comparison of Recreational Fish Catch Trends to Environment-Species Relationships and Fishery-Independent Data in the Southern California Bight (1980–2000). Erica T. Jarvis, M. James Allen, and Robert W. Smith
Historical Patterns from 74 Years of Commercial Landings from California Waters. Janet E. Mason
Indexed in Current Contents. Abstracted in Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts and Oceanic Abstracts.