SIO RV New Horizon: Current Schedule
The 170-foot oceanographic research vessel New Horizon, owned by UCSD, is a working platform for oceanographic cruises by Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
- New Horizon Handbook - Welcome Aboard and general information about the vessel.
- Scientific Equipment - The equipment available for cruise
- Deck plans - deck, lab and berthing layout
- Communications: VHF voice, HF radio voice and TELEX, cell telephone voice and FAX, INMARSAT voice, data and FAX.
- In-port San Diego: phone number: (858) 534-1648
- At Sea: INMARSAT phone number: 011-872-1501554; INMARSAT fax: 011-872--81-1501554
- INMARSAT area code is 872 when ship is in Pacific; other codes are 871, 873, or 874 for east Atlantic, west Atlantic, Indian Ocean.
- Photos from New Horizon web page