- Departed San Diego on NOAA R/V David Starr Jordan 0800 7 Jan 2008.
- Returned to San Diego 30 Jan 2008.
- Winter/Spring Extended Station Pattern: Lines 93.3 - 60.0 see map below
- Number of participants: 14 scientists, technicians & volunteers
Proposed station work:
500m Seabird CTD/24 10L bottle rosette cast (depth permitting)
CTD Sensors Bottle Samples
- Nutrients: Leg 1 only
- Chlorophyll-a, phaeopigments
- Primary Productivity, Leg 1 only
- HPLC, Leg 1 only
- LTER ancillary sampling, Leg 1 only
- 100m Pairovet vertical net tow (coastal stations only - out to sta 70)
- 210m Bongo net tow - all stations
- MANTA neuston net tow - all stations
- CUFES - continuous underway fish egg system
Leg 1: PRPOOS vertical net tow - Lines 80, 90, coastal stas on lines 86.7, 83.3,
- ADCP - Dr. Teresa K. Chereskin
SCIMS - shipboard continuous integrated measurement system; continuous surface and meterological measurements
- Leg 1: Daily primary productivity C14-uptake incubation experiments.
- Leg 1: Bird & marine mammal observations and acoustic recording
Leg 1: Ancillary LTER water samples - size fractionations, slides
- Leg 2: Mid-water Trawls
Dave Griffith (Chief Scientist), NMFS for additional information or request for participation.
Please check the NOAA David Starr Jordan web site for EXACT cruise dates.