- Departs San Diego on SIO R/V New Horizon 0800 14 Oct 2008.
- Returns to San Diego 30 Oct 2008.
- Station plan: 66 standard CalCOFI and 9 SCCOOS stations are scheduled.
- Number of participants: 14 scientists, technicians & volunteers.
- Nutrients: NO3, NO2, PO4, Sil, NH3
- Chlorophyll-a, phaeopigments
- Primary Productivity
- LTER ancillary sampling
Proposed station work:
- 500m Seabird CTD/24 10L bottle rosette cast (depth permitting)
- 100m Pairovet vertical net tow (coastal stations only - out to sta 70)
- 210m Bongo net tow - all stations
- MANTA neuston net tow - all stations
- PRPOOS vertical net tow - Lines 80, 90, coastal stas on lines 86.7, 83.3
- ADCP - Dr. Teresa K. Chereskin
- SCIMS - shipboard continuous integrated measurement system; continuous surface and meterological measurements
- Daily primary productivity C14-uptake incubation experiments.
- Bird & marine mammal observations and acoustic recording
- Ancillary LTER water samples - size fractionations, slides